Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Blog #26: Senior Project Reflection

1]  The thing I am most proud of during my senior presentations is my big activity. My activity was to decorate a cake based on a certain theme that they were given at the beginning of the presentation. After my presentation, everyone was telling me how they loved my activity, and it made me feel like I had an awesome opportunity and senior project that everyone really enjoyed.

2] a. On my presentation, I would give myself an AE

    b. On my overall senior project, I would give myself a P

3] What worked for me the best about the senior project would definitely be the mentorship because I learned a lot more that I would have originally through research and it was a new experience that I never thought I would get the chance to do. Also, I felt that through the mentorship I got experience to experience what kind of skill I need to improve on and what I need to learn in order to actually be ready to own my own business.

4] If had the opportunity to change something in my senior project, it would have to be the amount of research I had, and also to extend my research to more aspects of not just the cake decorating side, but the business aspect as well.

5] The first thing the senior project has helped me in is how much more detailed and extensive in my research I should be. When I was beginning in my research, I never really new what I was looking for, or how to look at every word so I knew what I could research next in the topic. Another thing I learned was how a business is actually run. I never really understood how pricing works or how booking keeping is done, so actually getting to experience and do it myself helped me learn a lot more about the business side of a bakery or retail store, or how everything functions in a business.

No comments:

Post a Comment