Thursday, May 2, 2013

Blog #23: Junior Interview

1. The Junior I interviewed was Vanessa Pancheco and she is in West House.

2. While talking to her, she had said that the ideas she had for her Senior Project was between three: Journalism, Animal Rescue, or Marketing. She had told me the main reason she wants to do either of these three is because she feels like one of these will become her future career and be passionate about doing either one of these topics.

3. She told that what she plans to do for her 10 hours over the summer is to volunteer at the Poly post if she decided to follow the journalism path. For Marketing, she had mentioned doing some advertisement for her local library, or doing volunteer work at an animal shelter or the Humane Society if she did animal rescue for her project.

4. Vanessa had said that what she wants to see from the 2-hour presentations is to see how we manage our time during the presentation. Also, she wanted to ask about the process of how we got to this point in our senior project and what to do and not to do during the presentation.

5. The first question Vanessa asked is how I choose my senior project and how she should choose her's. What I had said to her is that it depends on the person. "The reason I choose mine is because I love the idea of doing a food based project." Also, I told her that it depends on how she want to approach the project, by doing something she knows she can do or doing something she is passionate about. The second question she asked was problems she might encounter. I had responded by telling her that finding a mentorship in ideal fields might be difficult because some places only take people at a certain age. Secondly, I had mentioned that research is going to be difficult to find when you reach the midpoint of the year because depending on the topic, research can be or not be difficult to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment